Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pengalaman Bersalin.

Salamun Alayk!

Biasalah, when it comes to December, nothing can tear me off from remembering that almost two years ago, I let strangers poke fingers inside me, see me half naked and practically snip bits of my skin as I pushed Yusuf out from the holy (holey?) Down Under. 

I was not mentally and physically prepared.

Well yeah, I know that people will poke their finger(s) inside your thingy and measure out the lenght of the opening. But I never expect it would feel like that. Well, it doesn't hurt much. The doctors who checked me were very, very gentle (although one has long nails and I can feel them grazing somewhere inside me. But it didn't hurt. Uncomfortable, yes. But not hurt.

The birth story is not that scary. Except the part(s) where my opening shot up from 1 cm to 6 cm within one hour and the nurses thought that it was too late for me to be given any painkiller (jyeah, I gave birth without any painkiller!) and the doctor had to break my water at 7cm before she was called up to attend to another emergency case (that woman was screaming so loud even I stopped having pains listening to her)..45 minutes of supersaiya contractions surrounded by midwives and nurses (and a husband. He was only there so I won't resent him for not being there for the rest of my life. Truthfully, husband presence in a labour room is more of our intrinsic motivation. They can't do much anyway. Except tying your hair up while you looking so much like Kak Limah. Haha!) and I managed to push my beautiful baby out of my thingy. 

Only then I realised one thing : 

I did the worst mistake ever weeks before giving birth - Reading fPengalaman Bersalin di Hospital Serdang. Google, the curse of my life.

Why did I say so?

Ok sit down and hear me out (if you are here by typing Pengalaman Bersalin di Hospital Serdang) because I don't want you guys to read any BS and whiny stories that I came across while reading for my own knowledge.

Here's the thing. Every pregancy is different. Every woman may not experience the same pain and situation. However, it is not fair you developing unnecesaary fears of the unknownby reading other's perhaps exaggerated stories. Why do I say so? Because based from my 3 days being warded at 36th week and the delivery day itself (2 days warded), I can make my own conclusion that : Your Problems Come From Within.

E.g. :

1. Nurse kat hospital garang. Asyik nk marah je. Asyik buat bodoh je. Bila kita mintak tolong panggil dia buat bodoh jek.

This is what I saw from my own eyes.

This lady in front of my bed (while waiting for my opening to go at least 5cm) kept screaning "Nurse, tolong saya nurse!!" every 5 minutes. The first two screams were attended quickly. But when they tried to check her opening, she kept screaming "Sakit! Sakit! Lembutlah sikit!!" at them. I was like, I was the one in pain and you were screaming your ass off ya Rabbi! It was to the extent the nurse said, " Tak payahlah menjerit, awak tak sakit apa-apa lagi. Ni baru mild contraction. Ambil wudhuk, baca Quran". Well, that lady pulled a face, and immediately called her husband and crying summore, begging him to take her to another hospital. Well, actually, kau jerit macam Tarzan pun, mcm tu jugak sakitnya kak. Baik lah kau duduk diam-diam. Or else menonggeng (Like what I did becausethe pain was overwhelming at that point). No one says that delivering babies is an easy job. It will be painful. If you want the nurse to tend to your side 24/7, go elsewhere. Screaming won't change much. Calling nurses every 5 minutes won't do much. Complaining some more won't get you nowhere. The nurses will check on you from time to time and if you experience immense pain you can call them and tell them about it. You don't have to scream. At least 80% of the nurses are working from day to night and yiur screaning is probably not welcomed at all. The lady I was talking about yelled at her husband over the phone, wanting him to come ASAP and she took more than 12 hours at the Labour Room. Dah bersalin pun still complaining about practically everything!

Rules :
a) Do not scream. It is annoying and energy-wasting.
b) Seek forgiveness from everyone.
c) Patience is virtue.
d) Smile. Sakit pun kena senyum! It will send you positive vibes to the rest of your body.
e) Listen to every instructions. Kemut when you are askes to. Push when you were told. Jgn angkat punggung while teran etc. The midwives will guide you. All you need to do is listen.

2. Do not scare yourselves with pregnancy stories. 

Again, POSITIVE MINDSET will lead to POSITIVE EVENT. If you think negatively, bad things might happen. Even if it does happen, nak salahkan siapa? Allah? Every delivery tu anggap tu lah rezeki masing-masing. Ada org Allah bagi mudah je.Ada org Allah susahkan sikit proses tu. The most important thing is, amalan kita. Doa kita lat Penxipta untukeminta mudahkan everything.

During my time, I prayed that everyone tending me will be women. And none of them is my friend or schoolmates. Friends are for Hari Raya gathering, not checking my vajayjay, especially if they are from the oppoaite gender. Erkkk bayangkan kawan sekolah yg ko suka penyek-penyek je dulu tiba-tiba menyambut anak ko. Or worse, the one that you used to have a crush on! Haha! Alhamdulillah. Allah accepted my prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment